Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My introduction (part 1)



I have thought long and hard what my “official” first post would be and honestly I’m still not sure what this is going to turn into.  Probably it’s going to be part introduction and part my journey.  So you may ask why I decided to start blogging.  Well, the answer in part is for me to my thought down but also I know I can’t be alone in the daily struggles that a mom goes through.  So here goes my story or at least part of it …

So I’ve been working on a name for my husband and for now on he will be called Atom.  The nickname comes from the fact that he is a Chemist and about all I understand in Chemistry is what an atom is. 

Atom and I meet in 2004.  It wasn’t love at first sight but I sure thought he was cute.   I joke about how he had no clue that I was interested in him even though I was very obvious.  He says that he just wasn’t use to girls being interested.  I have no idea why because boy was he a catch.  He is the most loving man I have ever met and would give me the world if he could.  Our road has not always been easy but we have always known that our love was a commitment not just something to walk away from when things got hard and boy did things get hard.  

About three months before we married, Atom found a better job and moved to Memphis.  We planned for me to move there after we married.  We are what most people would call “old fashion”.  So in December of 2005 we married and I moved to Memphis.  Well the first bump (or hill) in the road came about a month after we married.  Atom arrived home early one day; I was home because I still hadn’t found a job yet.  He let me know that he had been released from his job.  Of course this was a shocker and what was so hard was I still didn’t have a job and we were new to the area and had no family around.  If you are like me, you probably think that was the worst thing that could happen to a new marriage, while actually it was the best.  This made us depend more on God and each other!  We got closer in that one year of marriage than I could have ever imagined.
I have to be honest here; I really don’t understand how people that don’t have God handle situation like this.  Some people call it a crutch and well yes it is because without God, I know that in a lot of my struggles, I would not have made it.  You may think I’m weak because of these statements but I think there is strength in being honest in your need of something more powerful than yourself.  I need my God because I want to be dependent on Him and not like our culture teaches.

Okay back to my story.  We both found jobs and I loved mine but Atom was not happy with his.  He was working for a lot less money and a lot more hours (crazy hours like 70+ a week).  So after more looking and a great friend, Atom found his “dream” job.  And the even better news was the dream job was back in our home state, North Carolina.  I was so happy about moving back to NC but not so happy about leaving a job I loved but I knew that my job was only temporary so we moved.

So you maybe wondering about the children I reference in the about me section.  That is coming in my next blog post…See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment